SlideUpLift Introduces “Open in Google Slides” Feature
SlideUpLift now has a new feature that enables you to access the templates in Google Slides.
Although PowerPoint has long been the dominant presentation production tool, Google Slides has made significant inroads. The tremendous expansion of Google Slides over the past decade is astounding, and we know that a big majority of SlideUpLift customers prefer Google Slides templates over PowerPoint. We have excellent news for them. Our presentation templates can be opened in Google Slides with only a few clicks.
We design the templates to be compatible with Google Slides. Until recently, you could import the .pptx files into Google Slides and continue working there. However, we realized that this complete process is quite complicated. We evolved and created an Open in Google Slides button for this reason.
This is intended to simplify your google slides presentation design process.
Steps to Open Presentation Templates Directly in Google Slides
Here is the step-by-step approach to accessing the presentation templates directly in Google Slides.
1. Check Google Slides is supported for the Template you selected
Go through our collection of aesthetically attractive presentation templates to get the one you want to utilize. Make sure the template is completely compatible with Google Slides. If the template is available in Google Slides, it will have “Available in Google Slides” option.
Although we wished that all of the templates were compatible with Google Slides, certain specialized designs could not be properly translated from PowerPoint to Google Slides since they are developed with special elements accessible in PowerPoint (e.g., 3D Models or special shadow effects).
The good news is that most of our presentation slide designs and infographics are Google Slides compatible.
2. Click ‘Open in Google Slides’
After the purchase, if the template you have selected is compatible with Google Slides, you will find the “Google Slides” option on the template product page. From here, you can effortlessly access your presentation templates in Google Slides with a few clicks.
This is how it would look:
3. Click on the ‘Google Slides’ Option to edit the template in Google Slides
When you click “Google Slides” button, the presentation template will be stored in your Google Drive and accessed in Google Slides to begin working on it. If you are not signed in to your Google Account, you will be requested to do so.
Benefits of using Google Slides Templates
- Free Tool: Google Slides is a free tool. With a Google Account, you can use Google Slides to create presentations. Due to its simplicity and efficient collaboration features, Google Slides is often preferred at certain workplaces. Many educational institutions, for example, have moved beyond PowerPoint or Keynote to use Google Slides.
- No software required: Google Slides is a web-based application. You don’t need to download any type of tool or software on your device. Unlike PowerPoint, which has an online version, Google Slides was designed in the cloud and for the cloud. Compared to the PowerPoint Web version, Google Slides provides more functionality as a web-based solution. For example, you may easily integrate embedded films and other content.
- Easy Collaboration: Google Slides’ collaborative capabilities have been enhanced. Multiple team members may simply work inside the same presentation slides and contribute together, which is very useful when preparing a team presentation. This real-time collaboration function available in Google Slides (as well as Google Docs and Google Sheets) is particularly beneficial in class, but it is also effective in corporate settings while working with a team on the same presentation.
- Auto Save: Google Slides are stored automatically. Some users choose Google Slides because presentations may be automatically stored. Although recent versions of PowerPoint have an AutoSave option, Google Slides was designed from the start with auto-saving and versioning in mind.
- Rich Template Library: There is a wide range of Google Slides Templates and themes available to accelerate your presentation-making process.
Alternatives to Open in Google Slides Button
Even if you do not utilize the SlideUpLift Access in Google Slides button, you may still open our slide themes and templates on Google Slides.
How? In any case, the procedure is not too complex.
- Firstly, download your template as a .pptx file
- Then, open your Google Drive
- Upload your .pptx file from your device to the Google Drive
- Lastly, right-click on the file and open it in Google Slides.
Wrapping It Up
SlideUpLift customers can now use templates not only in PowerPoint but also in Google Slides.
Since Google Slides is one of the best presentation creation tools in terms of its collaborative features and accessibility, you must leverage the powers of this new feature while creating your next business presentation.