Business presentations contain a huge number of slides filled with graphics, audios, videos etc. making it bulky and taxing on disk space. If you try to E-mail such a presentation over the internet or to store it in a small pen drive, it will be impossible to do so.
The biggest contributors to high disk space consumption, are graphics, images, videos, and audios. We have found some best methods to compress the presentation size, to solve this problem.
Use the following methods to significantly reduce the presentation size.
To compress image sizes-
- Select any image in your presentation.
- Click on the Format ribbon, and click on Compress Pictures in the Adjust section.
- A pop-up window will appear. If you want to apply compression to only that particular image, select “Apply only to this picture.” If you uncheck this option, the compression will be applied to all the images in the presentation.
- Check the “Delete cropped areas of pictures”. The cropped areas remain in the memory of powerpoint, in case you need to readjust the pictures. But if you are sure you need no more adjustments, you can delete these areas.
- In the target output, select the desired resolution. Click on “OK”.
- Before saving, make a copy of the existing presentation. If the resolution of images gets too low, you will need the copy to reset the changes.
- Save the presentation. The size of the file will be reduced.
To compress media files –
- Go to the “File” tab. Click on info.
- Click on “Compress Media”. In the drop-down menu, click on the quality of media you desire.
PowerPoint will compress the videos and audios in the presentation to the desired quality.
- Save the presentation. The size of the media will be reduced.
Watch this stepwise video tutorial to get a detailed idea –
Now you don’t have to scour the web to find out the right templates. Download our PowerPoint Templates from within PowerPoint. See how?
SlideUpLift was created to serve the presentation needs of business professionals. Professionals across the world are taking advantage of SlideUpLift Templates Library to add amazing visual appeal to their presentations. These templates are 100% editable, instantly downloadable, and conceptualized by alumni from premier consulting companies and executed by graphic designers.
Check out our library of free PowerPoint templates which is weekly updated to serve the presentation needs of professionals. You will find out the simplicity and ease in downloading the editable template, filling it with your content, and building world-class presentations in just a few clicks.
We are continuously updating Tips for PowerPoint Productivity in the blog for Tips for Cool PowerPoint Presentations.
Please visit us weekly to check out new Tips related to PowerPoint. Also, if you have any specific questions related to PowerPoint, email us at email@example.com.