How To Make A Quiz In PowerPoint | PowerPoint Turorial
Did you know you could make a Quiz question in PowerPoint? To make your presentations all the more intriguing and intuitive, you can add an interactive Quiz in your presentation in a few simple steps.
But Why To Create A Quiz in PowerPoint?
Many times, product or process-related presentations are boring for the audience. It becomes difficult for the presenter to understand whether the audience has understood the information presented. In such a situation, a simple way to keep your audience engaged would be to add a simple and engaging quiz question as part of the slide deck.
This PowerPoint tutorial will walk you through a stepwise guide to make a Quiz within PowerPoint.
All you need is to design three slides and Hyperlink them with the related slides.
Designing the slides is an easy task. The essential and tricky part is hyperlinking. Hyperlink in PowerPoint is a widely used feature. Hyperlinks can help you create links to the web pages or any file on the PC, and even slides within your PowerPoint presentation.
Designing a quiz has no limits; one can customize and make it as creative as possible. This tutorial explains how to create a multiple-choice question with one right answer.
This Flow chart will assist you with understanding it without any problem.
Steps to make the Quiz Question–
Step 1 — Create the Slides
- Question slide (slide 1)- This slide will contain the question with four options.
- Right Answer Slide (slide 2)- This slide will contain the text for choosing the correct option and a “Next question” button.
- Wrong Answer Slide (slide 3) — This slide will contain the text for choosing the wrong option and two buttons — “Try again” and “Next Question.”
Step 2 — Hyperlinking the slides
- Since the question has four options out of which only one is correct, we’ll link the correct option to the Right Answer Slide.
- Select the box of the correct answer and Go to the Insert tab.
- Select Action. An Action Setting dialogue box will appear.
- Select Hyperlink to and in the dropdown menu, choose slide.
- Choose Slide 2 and press, OK.
- Save the setting by clicking OK
2. Link the remaining three options (incorrect answers) with the Wrong Answer Slide i.e., Slide 3 using the same steps.
Step 3 — Hyperlinking the buttons
- Buttons on the right answer slide — “Next Question” Link this button to the next quiz question slides in your presentation.
- Buttons on the wrong answer slide — “Next Question” and “Try Again.”
- Link the Next Question button to the next quiz question slide in the presentation.
- Link the button to Slide 1 i.e., the Question Slide, which will allow the user to re-attempt the question.
Watch this video tutorial for a detailed understanding of each step -
Now you don’t have to scour the web to find out the right templates. Download our PowerPoint templates from within PowerPoint. See how?
About SlideUpLift Tutorials:
Microsoft PowerPoint is a popular platform among professionals for creating presentations. Our PowerPoint series shares tips, ideas, and hack to solve the fundamental problems we face while working on PowerPoint,
Also, check out our professionally designed PowerPoint Templates and themes to make your presentations look stunning.
SlideUpLift is an online platform to help professionals make compelling presentations using principles of vision science and storytelling. The platform contains an online library of pre-designed presentation templates that can be used across industries and functions
Check out our library of Free PowerPoint templates, which is weekly updated to serve the presentation needs of professionals. You will find out the simplicity and ease in downloading the editable template, filling it with your content, and building world-class presentations in just a few clicks.
Originally published at http://slideuplift.com on April 30, 2020.