How To Add Video In A PPT | PowerPoint Tutorial
This blog explains how to add video in PPT.
Why should you add videos in Presentations?
Using a relevant video in your PowerPoint presentations is a great way to make your message more memorable to your audience by making it more engaging. Here are a few reasons you must consider adding videos to your next PowerPoint presentation. Let’s get into it:
- Great at Storytelling: A good, compelling story keeps your audience present and engaged. Imagine conveying your story in a more interactive, visual and sensory manner — that’s exactly what videos do for you. Besides, they keep the content interesting for you.
- Convey more with less: You can communicate a lot of content with a video in a shorter time than using text slides.
- Creates desired emotions in your audience: You can decide exactly how you want your presentation to make your audience feel — Serious? Emotional? Inspirational? You can bring your business presentation to life with a video that gets the point across.
How to Embed a YouTube Video in PowerPoint Presentation?
There are multiple ways you can insert a YouTube video to your presentation slides. This PowerPoint tutorial will guide you to learn how to add video in PPT using the YouTube embed code.
Here are the steps to build stunning PowerPoint presentations by embedding YouTube videos.
Step 1 — On YouTube, play the video you want to add.
Step 2 — Copy the embed code — Share > Embed > Copy
Step 3 — Switch to PowerPoint and select a slide you want to add the video to
Step 4 — Click on Insert > Video > Online Video
Step 5 — Paste the embed code in the Online video dialogue box and click Insert
Step 6 — You can play the video from the play button appearing over the video.
Please note a couple of points -
- One caveat in embedding youtube videos is that your business presentation will become dependent on the internet connection. You will need to ensure a proper internet connection on your presentation day.
- Make sure to check whether you will be presenting on a 16:9 or a 4:3 screen. If the aspect ratio of your YouTube video in PowerPoint matches that of your PowerPoint slides, the video can be played full screen without the horizontal black bars.
Watch this “How to add video in PPT” tutorial to get a detailed idea -
Now you don’t have to scour the web to find out the right templates. Download our PowerPoint templates from within PowerPoint. See how?
About SlideUpLift Tutorials:
Microsoft PowerPoint is a popular platform among professionals for creating presentations. Our PowerPoint series shares tips, ideas, and hack to solve the fundamental problems we face while working on PowerPoint.
Also, check out our professionally designed PowerPoint Templates and themes to make your presentations look stunning.
SlideUpLift is an online platform to help professionals make compelling presentations using principles of vision science and storytelling. The platform contains an online library of pre-designed presentation templates that can be used across industries and functions
Check out our library of Free PowerPoint templates, which is weekly updated to serve the presentation needs of professionals. You will find out the simplicity and ease in downloading the editable template, filling it with your content, and building world-class presentations in just a few clicks.
Originally published at http://slideuplift.com on April 8, 2020.