A timeline is an integral part of any business presentation. Be it a representation of milestones of your company’s growth or progress of any project over a period of time, timeline templates are the best visual narratives that help the audience understand trends over time. Presenting complex data into more comprehensible and appealing information is a crafty task. Use of the right PowerPoint timeline will give you the kick-start to achieve your goal.
There are multiple ways and styles to represent PowerPoint timeline. In order to give a nice, professional yet compelling look to your PPT, you need to choose the right form of timeline template that synchronizes with your data.
- Showing Progress or Trend by Simple Horizontal Timeline Template: It is one of the most popular PowerPoint timelines where data is represented on a horizontal line with vector graphics. Use of colorful shapes and horizontal alignment of data from left to right makes the data presentation compelling and clear.
- Timelines with Rows: Presenting several events or a large amount of data on a single slide may turn out to be challenging. The best way to show a bigger number of events in limited space is to split the info or data into multiple rows. You can use appealing icons to break the monotony and make it interesting.
- Chain Timelines: If you want to represent a chain of events or trend over a longer time period then chain timeline template is the right option to go for. The infographic icons with connected nodes enable the audience to map the sequence of the events in their mind.
- Short timelines for highlighting a few major events: A timeline PPT with few data or events needs a powerful illustration. To highlight some major milestones or key parts of your project short timelines are best suited. However, since there will be limited data to represent such timelines are designed with icons, shapes and colors that stand out and make your text and graphics striking.
- Arrow Timeline: When a company needs to guide its employees or target audience through steps or processes towards a particular goal, arrow timeline design is the right choice. The template incorporates a design with an arrow and related icons pasted on it. There is also ample space for inserting the desired text or data. This timeline template PPT is appropriate for emphasizing few milestones/events towards achieving the desired goal.
- Calendar Timeline Template: Calendar timeline template is an excellent tool to represent information about an event’s scheduling, milestones and progress. The template is designed in calendar format where you can mark the important dates and insert the project’s objectives and milestones that you aim to achieve. This PPT template gives you an opportunity to plan your events in the most effective way.
Timelines with Maps: A good graphical map presentation is very helpful in explaining geographical or location-based concepts e.g — describing the evolution of your company, or various office locations. You can also use map timeline templates to present your business strategies or milestones for different regions. You can add required text, notes or links in a vertical line pattern, corresponding to the map graph.
To explore different types of Timeline templates please visit: https://slideuplift.com/ppts/category/timeline-templates/
SlideUpLift was created to serve the presentation needs of business professionals. Professionals across the world are taking advantage of SlideUpLift Templates Library to add amazing visual appeal to their presentations. These templates are 100% editable, instantly downloadable and conceptualized by alumni from premier consulting companies and executed by graphic designers.
Check out our library of Free PowerPoint templates which is weekly updated to serve the presentation needs of professionals. You will find out the simplicity and ease in downloading the editable template, filling it with your content and building world-class presentations in just a few clicks.
Originally published at http://slideuplift.com on August 30, 2018.